Wednesday, November 4, 2009

break from accounting just in time.

So.. what to do when accounting has you down in the dumps ... post a BLOG!


I don't really even know where to start. It has been so long since I have written anything (a few months).

Well let's just start with the fact that I am addicted to music. I have been sitting at Spencer's (local coffee shop that I adore) for a few hours and my homework skills have been horrible because of the lack of music. I can't seem to focus without it. I feel like there should be a constant flow of Dave Barnes' "Everybody Knows But You," or Will Hoge's "Even If It Breaks Your Heart."

I do believe that ACCT 200 will be the death of me. I have taken a break from it to post a blog - I mean that's how serious it is.

So on to other things. I have recently realized how blessed I am. Just by looking around at life. And I guess I could say I have been blessed with material things... but the main thing has been friends. I am so unbelievably blessed with amazing people in my life. I have also recently realized that a few of those people are my parents and grandparents. I haven't been home since July (it's November officially) and I can start to tell that it is wearing on me. I am looking for any chance to go home. And the first time I can go home is going to be November 20th for my friend's wedding. That is a completely different story. When I go home - I never spend time with people from high school. Maybe because I don't really have any friends from there (except a few that I still keep in touch with) and I want to spend all of my time with my family. Well I have (get) to go to this wedding on the 21st and I am super excited, but that does mean seeing people that I haven't seen in a few years. I feel like it is a going to resemble a high school reunion - that should be interesting.

But.. back to what I was saying (high school anxiety aside) - my grandmother has recently been having health problems. She has had trouble in the past - colon cancer & tons of stuff because of that and she has been having tests run for some other reasons. My grandfather's health continues to deteriorate slowly. If you know anything about my family, you know how close I am to my grandparents. They practically raised me since I was six years old. My papaw (don't know why I have been calling them grandmother and grandfather - that's just weird) told me when I was younger (before my amazing dad came into the picture and adopted me) that he was my dad and that he would take care of me. My mamaw would always do anything for me and sacrifice anything she could for me. They have always been my heroes. And now to see their health failing and them relying on other people - it breaks my heart a little. And I still won't be able to see them until a few more weeks.

I was talking to a good friend about this whole situation and she gave me some great insight on the situation. She reminded me that the Lord is sovereign. It is a thought that you would think wouldn't escape my mind... but it does. It is so easy to try and take control in life. To think that what I want is the best thing for everyone else. But the truth is that it isn't. I am just one person who doesn't know what is best. So I will try to let go.

Let go and finish accounting - taking each day one at a time remembering the Gospel.

And can I just say - I am absolutely in love with my church right now. I mean... I couldn't ask for something better right now. It has been such an encouragement and challenge to me. Exactly what I have needed to grow. All I can say is Praise the Lord. He is amazing.... and what is that other word... sovereign.. yea. definitely that.

0 comments: